Monday, May 17, 2010

Surgery Day For Emily

Friday, May 14th, was Emily's dental surgery. We were up and out the door by 4:15am. Everything seemed to be routine and straight forward, but after two hours into the 45 minute surgery, I began to worry.


Emmy did so good getting prepped and checked over before it all began. She played with toys and got some stickers. She had a great BP and O2 saturation's. Even by 6:30am she was still holding up well. Shortly after that we went ahead and gave her a sedative to help relax her and get her to rest a little. She was tired and not allowed to eat or drink anything. Two Year old's get cranky like that. LOL!

Emily did very well letting go and going back to the OR with the nurse, of course the sedative helped as well. She was still awake and lucid, but slightly more giddy than a 2 year old at 7am should have been. Then my waiting began.

Two hours after surgery started, I finally got the nerve to ask a nurse what was taking so long. It turns out that little miss Emmy had a little trouble waking from the anesthesia. Nothing terrible, and nothing medically incorrect, just a very sleepy little princess.

All is better today, but lets hope we never have to go through it again. It took her most of the weekend to recover. She's back to being ornery and picking on her older sister. Normal, LOL!



{Kimber} said...

how can she be so dang cute that early in the am!?!

Kaci said...

Awhhh I love her blue eyes!!!!! =) Glad she is feeling better!

Terry said...

Sending extra auntie kisses! Glad to hear everything went OK.

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

Oh, that had to be so scary! I'm glad she's feeling better!

Edie Mindell said...

It's great to hear that your daughter is so brave with regards to her surgery. She's a doll in the pictures. Very beautiful indeed. I hope she's feeling better now.

Honey Mommy said...

What a cutie! I had to have dental surgery when I was older and it was not fun. Glad she is doing well.

Stephen said...

Drugs are fun for kids too. Glad to hear everything went well.